Side by Side Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
Job Description & Application Information
Deadline for Applications – Sunday, August 25th
Side by Side’s Mission: Side by Side is dedicated to creating supportive communities where Virginia’s LGBTQ+ youth can define themselves, belong, and flourish.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator recruits, trains, and manages all volunteers, including facilitators connected to Side by Side in both Richmond and Charlottesville as well as coordinate outreach efforts for the organization, and assists with youth support groups in Richmond as needed.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage Outreach Efforts
Compensation and Schedule:
This is a full-time position, with $37,000-$40,000 annual salary, health and dental benefits, and 4 weeks’ vacation. Because of the nature of programming and events, regular evening and regular weekend hours are required
Job Qualifications & Experience:
· Knowledge of LGBTQ+ youth issues, high sense of responsibility, and commitment to the mission of Side by Side and working directly with LGBTQ+ youth.
· A commitment to racial equity and demonstrated experience working with communities of color and specifically LGBTQ+ youth of color.
· A Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in social work, counseling, psychology, education, or a related field OR commensurate relevant experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail, and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in community outreach and working with large groups of volunteers and volunteer management.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, email and internet applications, spreadsheets, and social media.
· Ability to work as a member of a team, but also be a self-starter.
· Ability to work under pressure and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
· People of color and those who identify within the trans community are encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application: Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator.
· Cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and interest in the position
· Personal Statement that addresses the following questions in no more than 2 pages:
o What do you see as the most pressing needs for LGBTQ+ youth in Central Virginia?
o Please describe what racial equity means to you and how you strive to create equitable communities where people and communities of color can thrive.
· No phone calls or visits please.
All applications must be received by Sunday, August 25, 2019
The application process will also include:
· Review of application including cover letter, resume, and personal statement
· Checking of professional references
· Criminal history check: state, child abuse and neglect registry, sexual offender registry
· Personal interviews with Side by Side staff, board, and stakeholders.
Side by Side is an equal opportunity employer. www.sidebysideva.org
Richmond LGBTQ Chamber
PO Box 5491
Richmond, VA 23220
Connect With Us
Copyright © 2019 Richmond LGBTQ Chamber. All rights reserved. Developed by Cat Eyez Ink - Lisa Hall.Site Managed by Big Spoon Co.